FRIENDS Volunteer Opportunities
There are many exciting volunteer opportunities with the Friends of Lakeshore State Park including:
- Special Events
- Events Planning Committee
- Web Site Design and Maintenance
- Marketing and Social Media
- Grant and Proposal Writing
- Educational and Community Program Assistance
- Program Development
Lakeshore State Park Volunteer Opportunities – Immediate Need
Volunteering at the Park is a great way to make new friends, have fun and learn more about the Park and Lake Michigan. Opportunities include:
- Park Ambassador – Greet and inform visitors about the Park, upcoming events and activities. Sign up for a shift on the weekend, weekdays or evenings.
- Volunteer Naturalist – Assist Park staff in conducting educational classes and programs. A background in teaching and\or natural sciences is desirable but not required.
- Citizen Scientist – Help the Park staff gather information on scientific endeavors at the park, such as bird surveys, water data or conducting visitor surveys.
- Lakeshore Caretakers – Assist Park staff with the many projects required to operate and maintain a Wisconsin state park.
- Special Events – Assist in the set up, operation and takedown of various events at the Park, such as the Urban Island Beach Party, Gathering Water’s Festival, Campfire on the Park, Winter Festival, and many more.
Contact Park Manager Tom Kroeger at 274-4281
or email@example.com for more information.