AT THE PARK
Lakeshore State Park is a 22-acre park surrounded by water, connected to Urban Park via the beautiful Lakeshore State Park bridge. The park is open year-round. Park amenities include:
- Wildlife Habitat & Viewing Areas created by restoring native short grass prairies for resident and migratory grassland bird species.
- Lakeside Multi-Purpose Trail for walking, cycling, skating and dog-walking* connects to the Hank Aaron State Trail and the Oak Leaf Trail completing a path from Lake Michigan’s shore to the banks of the Mississippi River.
- Accessible & Traditional Fishing Areas & Watercraft Beach Area designed for canoes, paddleboats and kayaks.
- Visitor Boat Slips & Overnight Boat Camping accommodate 20 boats up to 60 feet in length. Overnight stays limited to four days. Fees are $1.50/ft (minimum $30).
- Great views of downtown Milwaukee, the Summerfest grounds, Discovery World and the Milwaukee Art Museum.
*Dogs must be on a leash, not to exceed 8 feet and pet owners must clean up after their dogs.
Explore a bit of what the Park has to offer. More importantly, come out and see for yourself. The Park’s sweeping views calm the soul and invite you to witness outstanding sun rises and sunsets over Lake Michigan and dazzling views of Milwaukee’s downtown skyline. You have to FEEL IT to believe it.